Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Whale of a Tale

The last time I went whale watching, I let my cousins talk me into becoming a vegetarian.

This time around, I didn't get to see any live whales. Actually, I wasn't whale watching at all, though I spent a whole day in whale watching territory.


Aye, there she goes again, spouting off and no one knows what she's talking about!


Sorry, folks. With my tangent habits (hey, it's a better habit than some of the other ones out there!), story time is not always a smooth-sailing event!


Alright, but what's with all the sailor lingo??


Allow me to part the seas of your confusion.
This was your first clue, over at Meryl's Describetions:





Doesn't look much like a sail boat, does it?
That's because it's not!

What is it?? It's...




...the only whale I saw during my all-day excursion at Friday Harbor, located at San Juan Island!!


How did I get there? The only way you can get to an island surrounded completely by water!!

This was your second clue...




In the event of someone falling overboard during a sea-bound excursion, it's always a smart idea to have one of these...




on hand! Yakima is the name of the ferryboat that carried me across the Puget Sound for my day of island exploration!


It was just one of my many planned excursions while I'm spending some time in...

Seattle, Washington!

Yup, that's right! I crossed yet another state border yesterday afternoon. I am staying with my friends Becky and Ben, two very lovely and very fun people!!

Stay tuned for my full San Juan Island adventure (and more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment