Monday, September 14, 2009

Mountains and Rivers and Squirrels (oh, my!)

My aunt Charm knows how to have a fun time, whether it's joy riding through the fields or roasting hot dogs on a stick.
She also knows how to show a girl a good time around town.
Especially when it's Corvallis, a town with some special personal history for my aunt and my mom.
Like the river where Charm saved my my mom from drowning when they were in college:



Or the beautiful college campus itself:

Oregon State University. Look, more leaves changing!


While we were carousing the campus, I spent some time under a weeping birch...


...and in the azalea bushes!! (that one's for you, mom!)



Charm even showed me where she and my mom used to live





and introduced me to Squirrel, an old boyfriend of my mom's (and, lucky for him, a little too far in the past to have any meet your long-lost daughter, pay for her Grad School tuition tricks played on him!!!)



Speaking of blasts from the past...I'm very excited to now spend the next few days meandering down my own memory lane! I arrived in my newest location early this evening, and my wonderful hosts and I have a mountain high amount of catching up to do! -- consider that your first "hint" as to where I am now (to my college comrades: remember the South side, even though I'm now up north!).

Tune in tomorrow to find out where I am now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - have been reading all of your postings and enjoying them very much - from your Aunt Janny in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come this tour of corvallis seems to involve quite so many incidents of bad behavior on my part?? like getting tipsy and crashing into the azalea beds off my 10-speed? and that old coot can't be the cute guy i dated!! oh, unless i'm an old coot, too. so glad you're enjoying the fruits of the late summer season and so wish i had a bowl of those fresh picked blackberries, especially. is that wild ride you took with charm on a horsie? which one? did you see any signs of the bobcat that charm saw sitting out in the middle of the field back in june, when a couple of her lambs got killed? any deer? we saw a darling little fawn still with spots this weekend in chrisotopher creek, and a great big elk who stood by the deck cool as a cucumber eating corn with molasses. hope you're enjoying your next adventure in the big city, quite a contrast from pedee creek and it's beautiful nowhere-ness. love you baby, see you on 9-28. yer mommy.

    ReplyDelete