Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to The Boss!!

I am interrupting regular programming to make a special announcement...

Today is Bruce Springsteen's 60th birthday!!



In my nearly 24 years of life (6 more days till my own birthday!), Bruce Springsteen is by far the biggest crush I've ever had, including both professional musicians and schoolmates/social peers. When I was in middle school I kind of followed along with the obligatory "boy band" fad by buying a few CDs...but I never really got into the music the way I was (and still am) into Classic Rock from the 80s (and even earlier, back into the 60s-70s). I never went to any concerts, never had any posters hanging on my wall.
Maybe it's because I was always hidden behind the pages of a book.
Or maybe it's because I knew that, eventually, someone better would come along to steal my heart (and my ipod space!).

And then came The Boss.
Superbowl Sunday, 2009. Half-time show.



Finally, at 23 years old, I'm officially in love! With a band, with the leading man of a band.





The fact that he's a year older than my mother is just a minor detail.
There's just something about him...

his passion when he's on stage,











the way he (still!) moves,







the fact that he still puts on such an incredible show after 30+ years of performing!!


When he sings...well, I won't get myself started. Bruce performing = happy times for Meryl!



And he's pretty darn good looking for a guy more than 2X my age (if I do say so myself!)...but I've always tended to fall harder for "grown up" men. I think I get that from my grandma (she married someone 23 years her senior!). And I can't deny that the "musician thing" is a definite perk!



If you haven't already, you should read about my first Bruce Springsteen concert experience, which I went to in April.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get over to the east coast to attend one more concert before he wraps up his current tour. You never know if/when he'll be back, so I'm determined to see him perform live at least one more time! I so desperately want to experience the Pit during a Springsteen concert that I've even dreamed about it!!



He's Working On A Dream... and so am I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment