Earlier today I promised an inside look at the splendid suite I am staying in here at the White Jasmine Inn. But let's start from the outside, shall we?
This is the main building (there is a house across the street that is also part of the inn). My suite was actually annexed from the main house; it had it's own private entrance!
This is the main building (there is a house across the street that is also part of the inn). My suite was actually annexed from the main house; it had it's own private entrance!
I love the old fashioned street lamps in the front yard!
See the large gate in the background? That's the entrance to my suite (it's called the Nouveau Suite).
Actually, it's an interesting story how I ended up in such a fancy suite. I had originally reserved a room that was inside the main house, just a regular single room. I received not one, but two emails from the innkeeper informing me that I'd been upgraded for free! It had something to do with the Inn's summer policy and necessary room-assignment shuffling, I don't remember exactly.
But anyway, my suite is gorgeous, filled with the same Victorian era furniture that adorns the front room of the main house.
I about swooned when I saw the enormous mahogany boudoir in the corner...
But anyway, my suite is gorgeous, filled with the same Victorian era furniture that adorns the front room of the main house.
I about swooned when I saw the enormous mahogany boudoir in the corner...
...a corner which, to me, looks like a living room set for an olden-days movie!
(You had to know this was coming)...
I'm pretending to me one of those snobby ladies, sitting all hoity-toity in her elegant chair, in her elegant robe, in her elegant room! All that's missing is her hoity-toity cigarrette (one of those absurdly long ones like Cruella de Ville smokes)...but there is no smoking allowed on the premises. Presumably I'm pretending to have one anyway, which would explain the hand gesture!
(You had to know this was coming)...
I'm pretending to me one of those snobby ladies, sitting all hoity-toity in her elegant chair, in her elegant robe, in her elegant room! All that's missing is her hoity-toity cigarrette (one of those absurdly long ones like Cruella de Ville smokes)...but there is no smoking allowed on the premises. Presumably I'm pretending to have one anyway, which would explain the hand gesture!
Moving on!
This old-fashioned fireplace really works (according to the innkeeper...it's too hot to light it!)...
But quite possibly my favorite piece of furniture is the Victorian fainting sofa. I couldn't resist trying it out for myself (or maybe I really did swoon over that boudoir)...
So there's your mini-tour of where I'm staying! I only get two nights here, which means...
Tomorrow I'm en route for my next destination!!
But don't worry. Before I leave I'll make sure to post an account of my Santa Barbara adventures! Possibly later tonight, or tomorrow morning before check out if I have time.
Either way, stay tuned!
Tomorrow I'm en route for my next destination!!
But don't worry. Before I leave I'll make sure to post an account of my Santa Barbara adventures! Possibly later tonight, or tomorrow morning before check out if I have time.
Either way, stay tuned!
very much enjoying hearing about your trip. Keep having such a great time! Janny
ReplyDeleteHow elegant! What a beautiful place. It really looks like you are enjoying yourself. Keep the posts coming. Brian
ReplyDeletewhere are the santa barbara details, like did you get to the beach or to de la guerra street? as much as i'd love to hear more, i think it means you're having too much fun to be plunked down in front of the computer. plenty of time for that later, especially if it rains in ashland over the weekend! hope you get some good pictures of mollie and you, so i can show to Evie! she asks every day about you. ross and your daddy and i are headed over for a short visit with her, just sunday and monday nights. will show her the blog pictures! she loved Luau with you! hope today in davis is lots of fun, exploring a true university and farming town! love from cvc
ReplyDelete