Monday, August 31, 2009

"I'm a Barbie girl..." (well, not really)

Yesterday I had a ton of fun playing at the Santa Monica Pier, a youthful pit stop on my way north from Carlsbad.

But where am I now? I made incredible time as I continued up the coast (boy, you should have seen the bumper-to-bumper gridlock going south! Yikes!), which meant I had plenty of time to get checked into my new lodgings and then spend a couple hours wandering around exploring my new surroundings!

Anyway, I know you all want to know...

Where am I now??

For your first clue, over at Meryl's Describetions, I showed you this colorful...uh, object.


If you're thinking What the heck is that??, then you're in luck, because I'm going to show you! Here's a better look...



This chromatic cat (made of porcelain, I'm pretty sure) is just one of the many decorative touches that make my living space feel both homey and delicate.

As for your second clue...

Is it graffiti? Did I get a(nother) tattoo??

NO!! You're looking at the lodgings sign for...

A WHITE JASMINE INN.

Located in the stunningly beautiful Santa Barbara, California!

Here's the outside of the inn...isn't it absolutely adorable?? Wait till you see the inside!!

So there you have it, folks! The (second) mystery is solved!
I am currently shacking up in the beautiful, quaint White Jasmine Inn.
I am in Santa Barbara, CA!!

Tune in again later today for another update! I'll be posting more pictures of the inn, as well as more snapshots of my splendid suite!

1 comment:

  1. The Inn looks wonderful. Very quaint like you said. I never would have guessed the cat. Brian

    ReplyDelete